Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Amy's Graduation

It seems as if it has been forever since I have blogged so there will be several catch up's over the next few days. Our computer monitor is on the blitz so we have a loner from Danno's work...very temporarily. We may be offline for a while once I have to return it. I cannot believe how crazy I have been going without the computer. What did we ever do without them???
On the weekend of May 17th, my sweet baby niece, Amy, graduated from Santa Fe High School in Edmond, Oklahoma. It is so hard to believe that she is all grown up, planning for college and what she may want to do with her life. I know this sounds so cliche, but it seems like yesterday when we were playing dress up and beauty salon together. I know there is a picture somewhere of me with clip-on earrings all over my face, in my nose, and all kinds of bobbles in my hair. I think that one needs to be confiscated. Those times I miss greatly, but the shopping is our trade off. Oklahoma has awesome shopping and Amy Kay is always game to go hit the mall with us. I guess I'll take that trade.
Therefore we made the 2 hr trip to see the wondrous event and spend time celebrating with family. We had some mouthwatering bar-b-que and yummy chocolate cake to round out the momentous day. Jackson ate up this time because we allowed him to bring Mario Kart on Wii to play with cousin Alex and Uncle Mark. He amazes me how awesome he is with that game. It is fun to see how excited he gets once he beats someone or unlocks a new achievement. Fun times for everyone!!

No comments: