Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big brother


I need to tell all about how sweet I have caught my sweet lil goobley being.
Sis was throwing one of her dramatic fits over not getting juice or a cracker or some little thing that I did not drop all to get for her. Since Jackson was at school that morning, Maddox had to step into the comforting big brother role. He chased her all over the room until he finally caught her and embraced her with loving pats on the back and words that everything was going to be alright. I got this pic just before the drama queen pushed him away saying, "no, top it!". He then began to chase her again...
When did he decide to get so big?? Usually he is my ornery little mess that I cannot resist. But this morning, he was sissy's comfort.
His speech has begun to improve by leaps and bounds and suddenly he has shown interest in being a big boy and wondering about the potty. Wondering is something, right???? Ahhh, to only have one child in diapers again... I can only dream.

2 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Potty? Utterly sweet and wonderful! Oh yeah, and the big brother stuff is good too! Just kidding! I could just eat him up!

Jess said...

What a cute little guy. Those big brother moments are so precious. And how hilarious that Ava is turning into such a drama queen! Love it!