Friday, June 6, 2008

My son the genius

I am in the toy room this morning with my children starting Spiderman before I go deaf from Maddox screaming so loud, when I begin to get frustrated because the boys have lost the remote and have not found it the last few days. (crazy how we can't do anything without the little rectangular box!) I tell Jackson that he better find it today and he needs to clean out the toy box to find it. He then spouts off, "You do it." Before my top blows at 8:30 in the morning he quickly replies, " You're really smart. I'm only medium smart, so you need to find it. Dad is 31 smart and your 27, so that's pretty smart." He then goes back ot watching the movie, as if what he said was so matter of fact and comepletely true. My back is turned and I am shaking with giggles as I walk from their toy room. He is truely gifted!
Also...Strike me down for telling my son that I am still 27 and have been for the last couple of years !! I haven't quite embraced the 3's...

2 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

If that's not a classic 5-year-old's brillance showing through...at least he knows how to keep you young! We miss you all, we'll have to get together when we're in town in a few weeks! Hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

This made me giggle... I'm glad to know there is someone else out there struggling with the 3's.