Wednesday, June 17, 2009

VBS and Day Camp week

Last week was VBS and Day Camp for the kiddos at church. This was Jackson's first year at Day Camp which was held at Eberly Farms. The kids got to praise Jesus everyday in a camp like setting, while making new friends and learning about God's word. I felt a little at ease because I knew Jackson's camp leader and had told her of his lack of swimming ability despite my frantic rush for swim lessons at the Y the last couple of months. So you can imagine my surprise and heightened anxiety when I went to pick him up the first day and he plops in the truck telling me that he went off the slide into the deep end without taking the swim test and also got lost the second he stepped off the bus onto the camp grounds. This is my BABY!!!!! He what???? He seemed to take it all in stride and not care much about getting lost and completely thought I was over reacting about the deep end thing. But that is my Jackson. Laid back, no big thing,mom, Jackson. Where did my baby go??? Well, I got over it and am slowly letting go. He had a GREAT time at camp and is talking constantly about how indestructible and undefeatable our GOD is. He is such a wonderful little boy, my Jackson.
Maddox. Well, you know goobley. It takes him a few days to warm up, but once he does, he has a GREAT time. He made boat loads of crafts and proudly sported his VBS shirt each day. He was in the same group as his "one and only lady", miss Aubrynn. He now sings to all his songs in the car and demands that no one else sing but him.
Sis went to the nursery class that she commands each week. No big surprise there.
Mommy worked her tail off serving snacks, no a daily buffet, to all the hard working volunteers that help make the week possible. I'm fairly certain that I gained a few, which I am feeling this week on my cardio.
All in all, a great but exhausting week. So grateful that our church hosts such an event that tells all the kids about Jesus. There had to be 500 + children involved. Truly, a blessing.








2 comments:

Jess said...

Such a fun week! Our boys are getting so big. :) It's so great to send them off to such a fun place. Oh and sweet little Goobley, Aubrynn just loves him so much! And who doesn't love your precious little diva!

The Daniel Family said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I can't believe our little babies are so grown up! We are prepping for VBS right now and I had to hold back the tears when the leader said Claire is in the 1st grade class (that's how they separate them)! What!!!?!?!?! Anyway, great pic of princess, too!